National School Lunch Week
Knippa ISD is excited to celebrate
National School Lunch Week from
When young Texans
“Save the Day with a Healthy School Lunch”
they feel the benefits of eating
the whole grains, fruits, vegetables, healthy dairy
and lean protein their cafeteria offers. Saving the
day makes students winners in the classroom,
on the playground and in life.
We are making school lunches healthier and offer fresh produce every day.
· All bread, pasta, crackers and tortillas are whole grain rich
· Students have a daily choice of 3-4 fruits and/or vegetables
· Lower sodium in breads, vegetables, processed foods and ketchup
· More red/orange and dark green vegetables are being served every week
· Fat free flavored milk and 1% white milk
We want to encourage all students to eat a healthy lunch every day. If you pack lunches be sure to include servings of fruits and vegetables.
Next week we will be giving small daily treats to students who eat a school lunch.
We have included next week’s menu. If you have any questions,
please let us know at email@example.com.
Tuesday Pepperoni hot pocket with whole grain crust,
peas, carrots and fruit
Wednesday Frito pie whole grain chips, Spanish rice,
spinach salad, pinto beans and fruit
Thursday Chicken fajitas with whole grain tortillas, pico de gallo,
vegetable cup with sunflower butter, corn and fruit
Friday Chicken burger on whole grain bun, tator tots,
burger salad, baby carrots and fruit